David Smith (@DavidSmithMA) and Alan Cavanna (@AlanCavanna) discuss three single-car satellite teams of 23XI Racing, Richard Petty Motorsports, and Trackhouse Racing. It’s always fun to hear David break down the analytics of each driver and it was a fun discussion.
Of course, I am always interested in their race preview. It begins around minute 43:00.
- 1.333 miles
- D-shaped Oval
- Low tire-wear (The podcast discusses two Goodyear tire tests at this track: almost no tire fall off.)
This track is similar to Dover with the concrete surface. That plus the low tire-wear seems like it could produce a boring race, but David points out that it will take a smart team to win with the low tire-wear and not much separating the teams later in a run.
Now for the good stuff!
Picks to win:
- David = #11 Denny Hamlin (+850)
- Alan = #22 Joey Logano (+1300)
- Hambone = #5 Kyle Larson (+275) (!!)… but that is lame, so I’ll go with #19 Martin Truex Jr. (+650) officially.
- Odds as of 2 PM EST on 6/17 via DraftKings Sportsbook.
- David = #20 Christopher Bell
- Alan = #8 Tyler Reddick
- Hambone = #17 Chris Buescher (subject to change as I’ve done little-to-no research outside of listening to this podcast.)
Practice and qualifying are back! Love to see it, but don’t love to see qualifying scheduled for Sunday morning before the race… come on NASCAR…
Links of interest: