Fantasy baseball… it’s dangerous to go alone.
- Pitcher List – SP Matchups & Streamer Rankings by Nick Pollack (Twitter: @PitcherList)
- Nick has rules such as no more than 20% rostered when he makes his streaming pick.
- K% – BB% leaderboard on Fangraphs
- Thank goodness I traded for Corbin Burnes 😎
- Holy Logan Gilbert putting it together! (3rd on list with 23.2% K-BB rate.)
- Pitchers with 4 pitches they throw at least 10% of the time since I am aiming for at least 6 IP. Easily checked at Baseball Savant.
It appears that I am late to the party for SP streamers today:
However, some intriguing names remain available:
As you can see from the screenshot, this league uses Quality Starts rather than Wins. The focus is always on guys who can pitch a full six innings. While it’s dumb and arbitrary, gotta play by the rules.
- Daniel Lynch was electric last time out vs. Detroit (8 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K), but @ Toronto is another beast. They just smoked ERod yesterday and I took that ERA/WHIP damage to the face…I said not in the face! Watch him deal again and I succumb to recency bias 🙄
- Ross Stripling throws 4 pitches each over 14% of the time. Per Nick his secondary pitches aren’t clicking lately, so proceed with caution.
- Vince Velasquez could absolutely blow up, but it’s freaking Pittsburgh… and he throws his curve, change, and slider each more than 12% of the time. If they Pirates trade Bryan Reynolds on Friday, I would start Velasquez.
- Kolby Allard has a fantastic 4.9% BB rate, but has never thrown more than 6 IP this season.
I have spent way too much time on this. I just checked the league standings and my focus needs to be on saves for right now. I do have Kenley Jansen, Aroldis Chapman, Emmanuel Clase, and Ryan Pressly. Just acquired Jansen, but man they better get it together for the stretch run here.
Vulture Save opportunities!
- The name comes from Closer Monkey. Gotta give credit where its due. They are the GOAT for daily moves leagues.
- Fangraphs RosterResource – Closer Depth Chart. Fangraphs is probably the best website on the internet for baseball. I love it so much. This link will show pitch counts for each team’s bullpen over the past 6 days.
- Pitcher List: Bullpen Depth Charts: Relievers To Stream
- A fantastic resource with nearly the entire bullpen mentioned and notes, of course.
CHC: If Craig Kimbrel gets dealt, the pick is Rex Brothers or Dan Winkler.
WSH: Maybe Sam Clay?? Their entire bullpen has pitched a bunch lately. Maybe Kyle McGowin.
TB: Andrew Kittredge/Jeffrey Springs. I think one of these two will get the next save.