The NASCAR Cup Series completes a 2nd consecutive day of racing in eastern Pennsylvania at Pocono Raceway on Sunday. Shout out to Fantasy Racing Online for the awesome content each week and this weekend between races. I used the projected DraftKings article for some head-to-head picks today. And throwing a few darts on some Top 3 finishes.
- #11 Denny Hamlin (+105) to beat #18 Kyle Busch
- I think Kyle could win this race and do expect him to finish better on Sunday, but anything can happen in one race and Denny has great track history at Pocono. The plus odds made this a play.
- #4 Kevin Harvick (+110) to beat #48 Alex Bowman
- Recency bias is a hell of a drug. Bowman won yesterday because Kyle Larson blew a tire on the last lap. If Bowman doesn’t win that race, would he even be favored over Harvick? I doubt it.
- #23 Bubba Wallace (+115) to beat #99 Daniel Suarez
- Not much to this one other than I consider these teams basically equal. The plus odds once again make this a play. Of course Chevy has been great lately, but the #99 Trackhouse team has a technical alliance with RCR whereas Bubba and 23XI Racing are alligned with Joe Gibbs Racing. I’ll take the dog in this matchup.
- #8 Tyler Reddick (+120) to beat #1 Kurt Busch
- Similar to the first matchup, my expectation is that Kurt will finish better than Reddick. But of course anything can happen in one race and I don’t think there is much that seperate these cars.
Top 3 Finish
- #24 William Byron (+240)
- The #24 Axalta Chevy has been great this year. Really like getting more than +200 on this one.
- #11 Denny Hamlin (+175)
- Great track history and as good a chance to win as anyone else outside Kyle Larson. Hopefully these two finish 2/3 right behind Larson…. because every race is the #5’s to lose for the time being…
Tune into NBCSN on Sunday afternoon for the Explore the Pocono Mountains 350!